The Lilly Pulitzer for Target madness got us pretty excited about limited editions. Let’s face it, the Brandettes are pretty darn excited about special, get-it-while-you-can products year round. There’s something so deliciously appealing about these special product extensions- flavors, designs and new features that create a sense of buying urgency.
We’re not the only ones buying. Limited editions typically make for high-margin incremental sales and do not cannibalize core sales for brands in high consumption categories like beauty and food. For items in scarce supply, special editions can bring on serious collectors plus an onslaught of re-sellers looking to make a fast buck on Ebay transactions. A quick check of Ebay this afternoon showed Lilly Pulitzer for Target goods at more than three times their original prices. Yikes!
10 Limited Editions We’ve Got Our Eyes On Right Now:
- Uber chic, modern and fabulous, Trina Turk’s 20th Anniversary Collection features the designer’s clothing and fashion accessories in signature prints.
- Adidas teamed up with Pharrell Williams for a collection of 50 delicious, candy colored Superstar Supercolor limited edition sneaks.
- MAC Cosmetics new collection in partnership with legendary couture hat designer Philip Treacy is stunning.
- We love the color-matched wheels of the Fiat 500 1957 Edition (image above). We’ll take ours in Verde!
- Storm Troopers, Darth Vader and Princess Leia come together with this Vans/Star Wars collaboration.
- Rock out in red leather with these Frends and House of Waris earphones.
- And since we’re on a red kick, how about Red Velvet Oreos? Yes please.
- Add splash to the washroom with Betsey Johnson-designed Kleenex.
- The James Bond 007 Suite at the Seven Hotel Paris has got us saving our pennies- rooms start at 447 Euros.
- Brandettes are a little superhero obsessed- Funko’s collectable Avenger’s box of goodies has got it going on.
Tell us about your favorite limited edition products- leave us a comment below!